How to Check In?
If you’re already at the bar or restaurant and want to check-in with BOTY, follow the instructions below to check-in to this establishment. Once you check-in you can play a Trivia Game, meet new people, and much more.
- Login to the BOTY mobile application
- Click Check-In in the lower right hand corner
- Write in the establishment name
- Click on the Establishment*
- Indicate whether the check-in type is Public or Private
- Select why you are here:
- Meet New People
- Play Trivia
- Do Not Disturb
- Upload a photo or video (optional)
- Write what you are doing (optional)
- Tag any followers on your BOTY profile who are checking in with you
- Click Check-In
*Important Note: You must be inside the location to check-in. Otherwise, you will receive a pop up preventing you from checking in.
Things to keep in mind about check-ins
- If your check-in is set to Private, others will not be able to see that you have completed the check-in at the location. Your BOTY profile check-in will remain invisible to them until you change your check-in to Public.
- If your profile check-in is set to Private, you will not be able to participate in the Trivia Games. Your check-in must be set to Public in order to participate in Trivia Games.
- You must check-in to the Establishment before a Trivia Game is set to begin. If you check-in after the Trivia Game start time has passed, you may not be able to participate in that Trivia Game.
- If your check-in is set to Do Not Disturb, you are letting your followers know that you are not to be disturbed, but they can still contact you. not be able to contact you. But feel free to set a different reason as to why you are here (e.g. Meet New People, Play Trivia, Work, Bartend, Hangout).
- Uploading a photo or video or writing what you are doing will immediately send this information to your followers as a notification when you check-in.